Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Twenty Third

Today me and one my roommate spent all day joking about how we get along so well just because we took a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. I'm an ISTJ and she is an ESTJ. So we're very similar, but really, she's just a control freak. haha, not really, but she does like to take charge and can sometimes be boisterous. She thinks this is bad, but I keep telling her that the world needs people like her, otherwise nothing would get done. We both like hard facts, logical and efficient ways to do things. So as we were making dinner for our Ichthus group of friends, we did it in the most efficient way, that only true STJers would understand... Just kidding.

But anyway, it was interesting to see how others view me and how sometimes I can inadvertently hurt people. It's funny how I say, "Oh my gosh, that is SO true!" when reading these things, but I probably already knew it.
So this is me: I'm an introverted senser, which totally makes since to me. I think about times I travel I get so exhausted because I need time to think and meditate on all the things that I have observed. And observing is something that I like to do; take in the world via my senses, not so much in the action, but observing the action.  However, I'm an extraverted thinker, which means I'm not afraid of conflict and not afraid to share my opinion. It's weird though, because these types of people have a hard time sharing their feelings with people close to them. It's true, I cannot even being to think of how often I forget to tell people that I appreciate them. I guess to me, I just don't think people needed to hear that because I don't need to hear that to know that I'm appreciated.
I also don't like to give myself credit for things that I have done, because I always act like I'm fulfilling an obligation. It's incredibly true, everything that I have ever done and achieved in my life I've never really given myself credit for because to me I wasn't achieving something, I was doing what I was supposed to. Which is another thing part of my personality I like structure and government provides structure along with rules, which I will not break. SO TRUE.
I want peaceful living, but to surround myself with beauty and security. I'm also very loyal and faithful to my family, which is incredibly me! There is so much more that is also insanely true about me.

Now as I'm writing this my other roommate is reading to me all of the attributes to her personality type and she keeps saying the same thing, "so true!". Ah, how do the psychologists know this?!?

Its weird that I was designed as this person who has attributes of greatness but at the same time my flaws are obvious. I guess we're all supposed to have flaws, no one is perfect. But this kind of goes back to the verse that I shared earlier, that His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. We are supposed to have those, we are supposed to need something to make us whole. The reason that I am made with imperfections is for His glory. Life is so interesting.

After while crocodiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment