Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First

To ring in the new year, I had this brilliant idea of trying to write full and complete thoughts for an entire year. If you know nothing about me, or aren't my facebook friend, in 2010 I took 365 pictures. One picture for every day. This year I want to write. As a biology major the only writing I really get to do is lab reports, and that can get old. I'm probably going to put pictures here too, you know, to spice things up. I think though, that this might be a spiritual journey too. I hear in sermons about how good it is to journal and reflect on what we read in the bible and hear on Sundays. However, I'm horrible at this. I'm an awful journaler. I think if I had an audience keeping my somewhat accountable, I would be much better at this. So, if you want to read of Jesus, his love, and his place in my life then this is probably going to be a very entertaining year for you and me. I hope mostly, that when January 1, 2012 comes I can look back at this and see how I've grown and matured.
I'm not really sure what I'll write about (other than Jesus). I mean, I'm a student, I work in an outpatient mental health facility, I have interesting friends, my family is incredibly hilarious. So if you are going to read every day, you're probably going to get to know me pretty well on a deeper level than I'm probably comfortable sharing with you. Enjoy.

here's to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment