Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The eighteenth.

I've somehow managed to catch something. I'm hoping the Vitamin C that I just chomped down and the 5 glasses of water I just drank make me immune to whatever pesky little thing that's floating around and causing my throat to be sore and my nose to be running non-stop.

Today was a much better day; I didn't cry. haha. Anyway, the first day of classes is always interesting. I mostly end up bumming around campus because all of my classes ended extremely early. I had one professor say, "I have to be honest with you all. I learned I was teaching this course quite literally five minutes ago."

The verse in 2 Corinthians keeps popping into my life. Mostly via Facebook. It says, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." I feel like that's how yesterday went. Yesterday I was weak, but it made me realize the strength of Christ, that He never has a bad day where He doesn't want to talk or be around people or dreads the idea of going to school. It makes me realize that His power is something that can lift the gloom of any day, it is just how much control I am willing to give him, which should be all control, but I have a lot of control issues that I'm working on.


Tomorrow is my second day of classes, my longest day. Four classes back to back and I bet it will be dull, once again, because teachers can't say "hey, read the syllabus, if you have any questions e-mail me." Don't they realize all syllabi are essentially the same? 
Ok, I'm being a downer, I'll quit right now.


Sunshine and smiles to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment