Monday, January 10, 2011

The Tenth

Oh My LANTA! It's a good thing I haven't given out the URL to this blog because I'm kind of bad at writing every day like I was planning on. So instead of one thought, again I will give you two.

The first is this: Snow. We finally got some. I got to shovel it and listen to little kids play in it. I didn't play with them because all of my college age friends are not around and it would be weird to see a 21-year-old lady playing in the snow all by her lonesome. Anyway, it amazes me how Manhattanites drive in the snow. Well, I'm not sure you can really call it driving. I understand being cautious and all, but my goodness. I think it snowed over 6 inches here. It's so beautiful, I took some photos. I'll put them up in a couple days/weeks/months. Bobby says there's another winter storm hitting his area again. He lives in New Jersey and I think they have had like seven or eight snow storms. Poor guy.

The second is this: Boots/shipping. I bought some boots and I'm patiently waiting for them to come as I ordered them on the internet. For about a year and a half I've been searching for boots. I would always find the perfect pair, but they would be like 400 dollars as a full time student/part time receptionist that is not within my budget. So I finally found a pair for a fraction of the price and there were only two sizes left a 6 and a 9. There absolutely no way I can fit in a 9 and a 6 might be a little snug, but I thought I'd give it a try since it took me 18 months to find them. I'm waiting and waiting. I knew that if it did snow I wouldn't be getting them today. I'm hoping tomorrow they will arrive.


Uhg, sorry those are kind of dull topics. Because although I spent a majority of my day lounging around the house and shoveling snow, the last quarter of my day was so boring it made my brains turn almost to mush. So I'm outta here, probably going to watch some 30 rock because that's what I do on winter break.


love

No comments:

Post a Comment