Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Eighth

Ahg, I missed another day. No excuse this time, only the fact that I didn't feel like writing. Instead of doing anything productive, I just watched KSU play an awful games against Okie State and I wanted to scream, especially when a technical foul is called against JAMSAM. So since I missed yesterday I'm going to talk about two things.
The State of Wisconsin is my first. You may be asking yourself, "Why Wisconsin?". The answer is this, the other day my cousin and her fiance stopped by little Manhattan on their way to Stillwater, OK and they are both from Wisconsin. To learn more about the state I decided to use the trustworthy Wikipedia. Despite what many people say, I believe Wikipedia has really cleaned up it's act in the past couple of years and I had one Biology teachers that didn't mind when we used Wikipedia as a reference in our papers.




So Wisconsin. It is considered to be part of the midwest and has 4 boarder states, but intelligent people, like yourself, probably already knew that. Their state tax is only 5%, some counties have an additional 0.5% tax, but still that's nothing compared to the near 8% we pay here in Manhattan. The state of Wisconsin is second to California in the amount of milk and butter produced. Of course though, it leads the nation in the production of cheese. Which reminds me of their famous cheese heads that fans of the Green Bay Packers wear. Their state animal is the badger, which is also the mascot of the University of Wisconsin. Popular tourist sites include the Wisconsin Dells and festivals like Summerfest, which is said to be the world's largest music festival. Inhabitants of Wisconsin are referred to as Wisconsinites, I really like the ring to that. Let's not forget The Brewer's. This baseball team has had great players, like CiCi Sabathia, who, like many players who finally get noticed as being good, was traded to the Yankee's a couple seasons ago. 1982 was the last time they won the World Series, that's a better track record than my KC Royals. Anyway, I've always enjoyed my visits to Wisconsin, particularly the Madison area. In July I'll be heading up there to go to Luke and Meredith's Wedding. I'm pretty excited for that.

Okay, so my second thought is about grey hair. Grey hair happens due to a lack of pigmentation and melanin. In most cases this happens when people age, for me, it's a bit of a different story. I began getting grey hair at fourteen. It's slowly getting worse, lucky for me, I've got myself a pretty good hairdresser. They say if you get grey hair early you either have a thyroid problem or a vitamin B12 deficiency. Well, neither of those are true in my case, just a dad who started getting grey hairs around that same age. Good thing the stem cells in my hair follicles have decided to stay alive otherwise, I'd be balding as well! A whole industry is made for people like me who hate their grey hairs, so it's nice to say that I was able to give a couple people a job. That's all I really have to say about that.

Anyway. I'm kind of having an anywhere but here day. I want to move to a different state and do different things, but that is kind of hard when I'm in the middle of getting an undergraduate degree and all of the other obligations that I have here in my little town.

Oh Snow! It's going to, tonight, tomorrow AND Monday. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment