Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Fourth

I just spent an extraordinary amount of money on textbooks. I'm probably going to be spending more once school starts, yuck.
My parents are working on buying a new home, I'm excited for them. I'm going to be living with them next school year. Although it's not as much fun, it's going to save me thousands of dollars. Plus, I've turned into a much better roommate since I moved out in August. I hate that I feel like I'm burdening them for hospitality when I'm living with them. I'm currently living with them over the winter break. With both of my roommates out of town, creepy apartment complexes aren't my favorite thing.
This morning I ended, up not running. I'm okay with that. It was terribly cold outside, so maybe tomorrow I'll be more inspired for a run.
When I was getting ready for my day today, my ipod played this song called 'Devotion' by Hillsong United. Although, I never wanted to touch on the topic of song lyrics in this blog, I'm going to have to. This song is incredible. So here's a portion of it. Think of it as poetry:)

I've been running, trying to be one who sees
I've been working, this salvation out on my knees
There is nothing better than knowing
We are redeemed
I'm believing, trusting in creative hands,
I am praying for our world to bow to your plan
And this one thought is unmistakable
To take up my cross and follow You Lord

When You stand, the tall tress and mountains bow
When You speak, the fiercest of oceans is still
And I see the sinner seek devotion
The lost become chosen, and I fall to my knees

I'm forgiven by a Savior who did not deserve death
He was blameless and I was lost in shamefulness
Undelivered, but it doesn't seem right
Unless I keep my eyes focues on the Savior who gave His life
In the middle of a world that denies it believes
It is breaking apart at the very seams
There is one thing to be alive for
And it's to take up my cross and follow You Lord

I love it. It tears me up every time I listen to it.
Oh, so now, I think I'm going to post a picture.
These are from our craft get together. I didn't really do much, but the other two got very crafty

My sister Violet sleeping in my bed, the little stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment