Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Twentieth

AHH. So when I get sick I tend to neglect things (just like I'm neglecting my women's studies readings to write here, right now). That's what happened yesterday. I went to class and slept most of the day. And I just sneezed six times in a row, that's got to be some sort of world record or something.

I just got home from being at Ichthus. I LOVE Ichthus. Tonight, one of our new leaders spoke. He told how us meeting in this place is good for spiritual walks, but it is not good enough. He then asked the question, "Where is your place?" I got to thinking about and I really couldn't narrow it down. I guess mostly when I'm in my room. Or when I run I just talk with God continuously. But I think I need to find a real place so that I can be constantly growing. He said his pet peeve was when people decided not to be apart of something because they weren't being spiritually fed, which, I have to admit, is something I say. He said it is not the church's responsibility to feed you. Yes there can be powerful moments and sometimes you will feel like you got fed, but to truly get fed is to feed yourself. He said a man becomes a man when he knows how to feed himself spiritually, and the same goes for a woman. I got to thinking about that and I think I do tend to put that responsibility on someone else, which is probably why I like to go to church and Ichthus, but I can't keep an honest Bible reading/God talking schedule.

I feel like listing little things that I'm thankful for, so here it goes.

  • Roommates who leave the lamp light on for me when they know I'm going to be late
  • Parents who take care of me when I'm sick
  • My dog because she makes my heart swell with joy
  • Burger King
  • Post-it notes
  • Friends who bless me

BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment