Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Thirty Second

Today is the first day of February and an amazing snow storm has made it's way through Manhattan. Today and yesterday they cancelled classes. This has given me the opportunity to catch up on any studying that I missed over the weekend and write some scholarship essays. I do plan on going to work, it's nice that they always want me to work. I don't really have anything to write about it's so sad.

Wally Judge quite K-State basketball. I think Frank Martin could use an encouraging hug right now. Poor guy isn't having the season that they anticipated.

Anyway, I'm reminded of Alaska winters now. When I lived there they would make us go to recess until it was -20 degrees outside. They condition their kids to accept cold weather as a fact of life. In Kansas everything closes down when it gets cold. I'm okay with that, I'm enjoying my time off. Not enjoying scraping my windows clean every time I need to go anywhere.

bye :)

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a comment here earlier, but it disappeared! At first when I read "The Thirty Second" I perceived that to be January 32. Silly me. But that's beside the point. I'm glad my teachers didn't take us to recess in negative temperatures, or that I had to worry about running into a moose on my way to school.
    Alaska would be a cool place to live.

    Welp, we'll see what tomorrow brings! I'm anticipating your feminism post.
    Catch ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm incredibly jealous that your classes got cancelled!

    ReplyDelete