Monday, February 14, 2011

The Fourty Fifth

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Below is what I wrote exactly three years ago as my thoughts on this day of love.

it is february 14

i think it would be nice to say that Valentine's Day does nothing but make those who are currently of the single status just realize how much they really are single.
take the 500 girls at my school all carrying the cliche teddy bears, roses, balloons...just rubbing it in to all of us that once again we are not in a relationship.
and then there are the guys with absolutely great potential who complain about sitting at home alone on this GLORIOUS day when they could easily go out there get a girl and treat her right.
but that is much like the pot calling the kettle black.
I get to thinking about it and I realize that even if I was in a realtionship I probably stillwould not like this day.
why?
Because I would rather be suprised with roses, suprised with flowers, suprised with little presents than expect them on one insignificant day of the year.
so there it is.
happy february 14th, 2008

-----------------------------

It's so interesting how my thoughts and feelings of Valentine's Day has really changed then. I now appreciate seeing people who love each other. I've realized that a pity party every year does nothing for me. I'm surrounded by people that I love and that love me. Why is it that I have to have a man to love this day? I don't think I should. So this year I'm much less depressed than I have been on past February 14ths.

I had 2 tests today and I feel like I did fairly well on both. I have a quiz tomorrow and another exam on Wednesday. Busy and exciting week. So needless to say that my lack of writing this weekend had nothing to do with the fact that I didn't want to write, it's just that I basically was studying nonstop and if I was going to take a break it was going to be to watch Roseanne or something similar.

I'm wishing KSU much success against KU. I think it is important to note that the past three times KSU played a number 1 team at home they have won. So I'm hoping the tradition will continue. 
Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment