Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Fourty First

Hi, sorry I didn't write yesterday. I went to see Tim Wise speak at Forum Hall yesterday. It got me thinking about white privilege, it got me thinking about white working class people and it got me thinking about the republican party. He basically seemed to look down on anything that makes me, me, which made me feel pretty strange staying there giving him my respect of listening to him. I didn't like his speech. Not that there weren't any truths in it, there definitely were. White privilege is so hard to think about for me, because I honestly feel like I'm not riding the coat-tails of whiteness to get to my goals. I feel like I'm doing it for myself, and my skin color has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Also, I think racism has everything to do with the fall, as does any sin and any hatred. I think if all Christians were truly loving to the people around them, regardless of their skin color we would be a much more happier and united America. However, for some reason there are Christians that don't realize that hating someone for any reason, let alone their skin color, is not living like Jesus did. I don't want to be judgmental because I know I have my own struggles, and that may be someone else's struggle. But because I am not racist, I cannot even comprehend what goes through the mind of someone is. It hurts me to think that if I was a black-American, why would people dislike me or treat me differently than white people all due to the fact that I had dark skin, a genetic trait in which I had no choosing?

I wish the world wasn't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment