Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Fifty Fourth

Ah, so I got off of work early, which is good for studying, bad for the wallet. I haven't been really devoted to writing recently, nor have I been really devoted to reading scripture recently. So while I wait for my chicken to cook, before I start my real studying for my P. Chem quiz, I'm going to write.
I just began by typing Psalms into google, and it said Psalm 139. So I don't think I've ever read that one before, or I just don't remember. This is where it says that we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made", which is so true and so beautiful. To think that the creator of the universe knit you together in your mama's womb is such a beautiful to think about.
I took a developmental biology class last year and a fetus developing is such a unique and beautiful processes, it is almost inexplainable. The magnificence of the intricacy of that event is almost miraculous. One, itty-bitty gene can determine if your fingers actually develop into fingers and not a webbed apparatus like frogs.
Psalms 139 also says, "You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it all together." His knowledge of me is "too wonderful for me, it is high, I cannot attain it."
To think that not only did he beautifully make me, He knows me more than I know myself.
This helpful to think of because lately, as I always do, I've been thinking of my future. Yes, I want to go to PA school. Yes, I want to graduate. But, am I really cut out to be in the medical field? I keep thinking that His plan for me is sovereign. It's nice to think that His plan is so much larger than me and I'm only playing a small role in this life. For some reason, beyond my understanding, He has given me an ability to retain information and do well in the classes that it takes to get there, so I'm hoping and praying that I'm moving in the right direction.

On to another topic, one that isn't as pleasant. I've become more aware, lately, how satan really messes with me and my thinking. He makes me insecure in my actions, unsure of my decisions, and totally makes me feel down on myself. I only realize this after it has taken a toll on me, which is not good. It is good that I've seen it happen and I'm now more aware. I feel like I've always felt that God is real, but satan never seemed real to me. He is making himself more real to me, I don't like it, but I have a better understanding of why the world is the way it is. It's not fair that it's like it, but the world is fallen and satan is alive and active in it. It's not a fun thing to talk about, but it is so important to realize that satan can put a true hold in my life. He draws me away from the word, makes me dread being around people. He changes my attitude. So I've been praying that I wouldn't fall into his trap, that I would ignore his advances on me.

So those are my thoughts, and my chicken is nearly done. Off to study.
Praying for you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 139 is a nice one to meditate on. Sometimes I have a hard time with it though. It is a beautiful thing to consider the intricacy of our being--I love to learn about our DNA, genes, cells, and brains. But I also consider people born with deformities and disabilities in this mix, and I question why some are born with extremely difficult circumstances. Of course, that’s a huge question—but I ask it because of this Psalm. I’ve definitely discovered that “there’s more than meets the eye.” And maybe this little mystery of disabilities and brokenness is to remind us that ‘God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong' (1 Cor 1.26). It’s neat to see you bring this up as your thought for the day. It’s something I’ve been thinking about lately.

    Evil is definitely an active force in this world--stay strong! don’t lose heart. :) Call hall soon!

    ReplyDelete