Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Sixty Eighth

Oh my. Why is God so wonderful and beautiful? He just meets my needs and wants in just the most amazing ways. So yesterday I kind of had a debbie-downer post. It's hard to see the way things are going when things aren't necessarily going my way. So after all my discontent-ness was posted on the internet and how things weren't going the way I had wanted them to, God just made himself so alive and real for me. He's teaching me constantly and growing my constantly and I'm so thankful for that. I cannot imagine a life without and I think that is why I know God is real.
On to what actually happened. Last night, I was watching a Beth Moore sermon/speech that was given in her series "Believing God". The topic for last night was believing God can do what He says He will do. Seems so simple, right? Well, when I'm not truly believing and relying on Him it is not so simple. She began her talk about miracles, and moved to the differences between the old covenant and the new covenant. The old covenant is what the people in the old testament lived under and they were often blessed externally, whether it be with money or children or kingdoms on earth. The new covenant is what the people in the new testament lived under, once Jesus had came and died for us on earth. The new covenant is also what we are currently living under. Jesus has not come back, so we are still living under the new covenant. Under this God prioritizes internal work over external work.  This means that we no longer take animal sacrifices, Christians are living sacrifices. We are more likely to go into spiritual captivity instead of physical captivity. Anyway all of this started to click for me because I cannot remember a sermon I had ever heard about this, even though I knew that the Old and New Testament are so different.  So what I'm getting to is this: If God has said no to me in a loud and clear way then he is prioritizing internal works over the external works. It's so funny that Beth even spoke about that because yesterday I even listed just a couple things that God is working on in my life and making me see as being crucial to my faith.
This is why I believe, because all of this is not a coincidence, it didn't just all align together is some magical way. No, God placed these specific instances in my life for me to grow and to understand Him even more. I know I've been rationalizing with the verse in Isaiah that says His understanding is unsearchable. It totally is, but I enjoy seeing his workings in my life and I enjoy that I get to share this little details that make Him so awesome.

He's wondrous.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about the new & old covenant this way. That's really cool!
    I like being your friend, too. :)

    ReplyDelete