Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Seventy Eighth

Sorry I have become less frequent. K-State is playing in the NCAA tourney right now against the Wisconsin Badgers! It's the half and they are losing by a little, I have faith that they can succeed, but I just can't watch. It makes me nervous.
The past two days I've been moving heavy boxes up and downstairs, unpacking boxes of stuff, and realizing how much stuff can just accumulate if it's hidden in some drawer somewhere. It's nice for me that all my stuff can be piled in the back of a truck and in one trip my whole life can go somewhere else. For my parents, however, their many travels and collections accumulated to 13,000 pounds. That's astonishing to me. Now, we're unpacking all of that stuff and putting it in the right place.
Funny story. My dad was trying to hook up the washer and dryer, the dryer needs a new plug because it didn't match the outlet at the new house, ok that's an easy fix. He begins to hook up the washer, gets it running. In the meanwhile, I'm taking boxes full of movies downstairs to their new home and I hear something that did not sound good. I open up a door and sure enough, the water draining from the washer is draining straight into the basement. Oh the joys of a new home, I guess the builder forgot to hook that up to any plumbing at all, and the inspector didn't notice?? That's nuts!

wo-hoo, just checked the score, ksu is winning, lets hope they can keep it up!

I'm reading 2nd Kings right now. It's super interesting, how all these kings reign for thirty or fourty years and as soon as they start leading their nation away from how God sees it, the king is taken down and quick. It's also interesting the amount of reliance a prophet can have on how a king rules, if they are willing to listen.
This also makes me think of today's leaders and how today the United States launched missles in Libya. I haven't been keeping up with this whole middle east situation, but I can't understand why it has gotten to the point that once again the US decides to intervene. It's sad that the world must fight, but they even did it in the Old Testament, nations were always at war with each other and sometimes it was just to bring a king down that was leading his people into destruction.

Ok, I lied I am watching KSU play...
Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment