Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfullness

Ah! So my favorite holiday is upon on us! Thanksgiving!!! I love thanksgiving, I think we should celebrate it once a month. I think we should remind ourselves of how blessed we are much much much more than once a year. I think the people that may (or may not) read this probably do think about the things they should be grateful for much more than once a year.
I think thanksgiving is so fun for several reasons:
1. I make almost all of the huge dinner.
2. I pick out recipes that I've never made before (thanks Food Network!)
3. I love my family, so a day with no other obligations except hanging out with each other is so wonderful in my mind
4. There's usually a four day weekend tied to it!
5. Not the whole stealing land from Indians thing. I was so shocked when I learned about that in High School, yes they waited until high school to tell us that here.
6. EAT
7. Reflecting on things that I'm blessed with

So that's a nice segue into my annual list of things that I'm so very very grateful for, things that I couldn't imagine life with out and the things that don't seem all that important until the day that they're gone. So here goes nothin'! (these are in so specific order)

1. Sweet and Sassy Moms and goofy/super serious Dads (yes, that's both my parents in a nutshell)
2. Freedom in my country and from sin
3. Warm breezy summer days and crisp winter mornings
4. Kansas Sunsets that always take my breath away
5. Sister/Dog- Violet
6. Communication
7. Jesus
9. My bed (where I probably spend way too much time)
10. Home
11. Brothers
12. Electricity (especially for my space heater)
13. The mysteries of this world
14. My 5 senses
15. Professors who enjoy teaching over research
16. Long sleeve t-shirts
17. Friends, who are so much better to me than I am to them
18. New Family Members (and DNA tests too.)
19. Love
20. Socks
21. The Steve Miller Band (especially when I don't feel like dancing to PitBull)
22. Chocolate milk
23. Cameras
24. Lady Bugs
25. Wild Flowers near Gothic, CO

I think this was the first post in a while, where I didn't write in a moment of crisis. I guess things are calming down.

OH! I gave up road rage. I mean I wasn't like a crazy, cussin', flippin-offin' kind of road rager, but I was definitely causing myself a lot of anger and tension in my driving. Since then, I've still struggled with my "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? WHY AREN'T YOU DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT? WHERE IS YOUR SIGNAL? WHY DID YOU PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME THEN PROCEED TO DRIVE TEN UNDER?" moments, but I've definitely gotten a lot better. Driving is much more relaxed now. I thank Jesus for making me see the unnecessary anger in my life. What a gift.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great thanksgiving list!
    I have to share my road rage story. i was driving along in Tampa FL, (terrible drivers there in the big city,) and I was actually in the middle of saying my morning prayers. I interrupted my prayer to Yell, "You Stupid (*&^#!"
    and i shocked myself.
    i thought, if you spend all your time in the jungle swatting at flies, that is all you will ever do. So imagined that anyone driving bad might be having a baby, or just found out some really bad news, or whatever. i decided never to get mad at bad drivers again...
    anyway, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete