Friday, October 14, 2011

Library pt. 3

I guess this is the way I get myself out of study...by writing blog posts that I have been meaning to write for the longest time.
So I have 3 great library stories and another thought.

1. Today I waved at someone walking towards me, thinking that it was a friend of mine. As they got closer I was thinking "crap...I totally don't know this guy." So then I apologized for waving at someone I didn't know and then I felt stupid.

2. Today I was trying to study on the main floor of the library, which is pretty loud usually.. but I kind of love the library hum-drum that goes on on that floor. But, the people across from me were watching a TV show or a you tube video or something without headphones on. So I gave them the look of "hey, you're in the library, why aren't you wearing headphones, you fools." kind of look. And almost immediately they put their headphones on. I felt so powerful!!!

3. I found a computer to write this blog post, which is kind of a task because like 75% of the computers in the K-State library are under maintenance, which I think is code for this is broken and we don't plan on fixing it, so we'll just spend your money to buy new ones. So I found one and the monitor is turned so that you see what the person next to you is doing. The guy I say down next to got up like 2 minutes later and sat down at another computer behind me. Apparently he did not want me to see what he was doing.... or his computer wasn't working and it truly does need some maintenance

My other thought. I'm trying to figure out in my mind what the difference of being like a Pharisee or Scribe in the bible and being a true Christian is. Like sometimes I see myself as over-righteous. and sometimes I see myself as super broken and sometimes I see myself as just plain ole righteous, and to think of myself that way at all, is that like a Pharisee or Scribe? I just don't get it. I think I'm supposed to feel confident in my faith, but not over confident. I know I don't know everything and I always marvel at the complexity, yet simplicity, of His design. I also know that there are several things in my life, attitude, what-have-you, that I totally need help with. Which, is where Jesus comes in. I know Jesus redeems me from my brokenness, and protects me from the hurt of this world. I don't want to be like the over-righteous, super rules followers, no relationship scribes and pharisees.

Sweet, I just learned how to use spell check on this thing.

So, I guess if you're reading this... or if anyone is reading this just pray for me to find a good balance. and also... to find a new job.

Thanks friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment