Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weird

Life is so strange. God is so strange.

Yesterday almost immediately after I wrote my last blog about needing a job, a job that gets me some patient contact, I looked up CNA classes. I found one for over winter break and paid an insane amount of money to enroll in it. So I'm all enrolled for a CNA class now. I get to work and our HR sends out an e-mail saying that the exact job in Pawnee that I have been waiting for has opened. Why did these happen on the same day, God? Are you trying to tell me something?
So this morning I applied for that job, spiffed up my resume and sent in an employee transfer request. I'm very nervous, very insecure about it. I had already talked to my boss about not being a receptionist forever, so she knew that this was coming.

I'm nervous for a couple reasons.
1) what if I don't get it, will the people that I work with find out?
2) What if I do get it and they want me to start soon, and I'm in Human body, and that's a lot of work in itself.
3) Can I really work with mental health clients one-on-one, am I cut out for that?


So we'll see what happens. I know for sure that God knows my best interests and skills and He is going to use me where ever He see fit. And that might just being working with people who have moderate to severe mental disorders, to me that's scary, but He would never ever put me anywhere where I couldn't do something. So I'm a little on edge right now. I'm going to hit the books to try and get it off my mind. I don't know why I'm so uncomfortable with this, but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment