Friday, June 3, 2011

Back to Normal

So it looks like I've forgotten all about this blog. It's been several days. I don't really have anything of substance to really write about. I'll give a little update.

I went back to work this week, it feels nice to be back in a normal routine again. I turned in paper work at Mercy Regional Hospital so that I can shadow some Physician's Assistants and so that I can volunteer this summer since I do have lots of extra time. I finally finished watching Scrubs and am glad to say that Netflix has allowed me to move onto a new show Numb3rs. I've only watched the pilot, but it looks pretty cool. I love crime/mystery solving shows. Also, today I bought a plane ticket! I'm going to New Jersey to go visit my brother over 4th of July weekend. I'm so excited to see him and where he lives.

Last weekend I attended two weddings! It was so great to see friends in love and publicly declaring their lives and their love to one person. Marriage is so beautiful and last weekend made me realize one thing. That marriage is not impossible for me. I know that sounds wacky, but last school year I went through this stage where I thought I was never ever going to date/get married/be in love. That was ugly and emotional. I'm glad to say I'm over that sappy part of my life and have found other, more positive, things to put my energy in to.

Also, since I did take a week off of work, I was really worried that come middle of June I would not have enough money to pay all the bills I need to pay, but once again my Great Provider has provided a little nannying job for the middle of June. This will more than make up that week of pay I didn't get. How wonderful is He? So wonderful.

My parents hired The Pond Guys to build a fence for our backyard. Every day Violet and I watch them with excitement as they build the fence. I can't wait to just let her outside so she can run wild, like she did in the old house. Right now they only have the holes dug for the posts to go in, but I'm glad it's finally taking some shape. The progress was slowed a little bit since we've had some storms that caused a great bit of flooding around Manhattan. I'm glad that people aren't blaming my parent's new house area on it, they're mostly blaming the Colbert Hills and Scenic Drive parts of town. The building in these areas diverted water into different paths so that there is a lot of water moving into one creek. When there is more than 3 inches of rain that falls it seems that Wildcat Creek will flood every time. Hopefully some great engineers can get some new paths for this water, because I'm sure it's pretty annoying to be awaken at 4am by fire fighters telling you to evacuate your home because a creek is too full.

Weather is pretty interesting.  I think if I wasn't going to be a PA I would be one of two other things. 1. a civil engineer or 2. a meteorologist.

Well, it's lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment