Friday, June 24, 2011

2 weeks later

I guess my life hasn't been too interesting lately. Today I was orientated on being a volunteer at Mercy Regional Health Center, I'm slowly getting more excited and much less nervous for being in the ER. I throughly enjoyed my day off today. I ran some errands, read outside on the deck, watched some TV, ate dinner with the parents. I'm totally loving the decision not to take classes this summer.
Last week I watched the kids that I sometimes watch. They were so great, a much better experience than the last time.
Now I prepare for my little trip to New Jersey. I'm leaving next Friday, and leaving for 5 days to hang out with my big brother. I hope he shows me a good time in the NorthEast.
I've been working a lot, at least it feels like a lot, but it's not too much. I'm so thankful for a job, that is sometimes a little draining, but most of the time I can handle it.
My read the bible in a year thing is taking me slowly through Proverbs. I'm not getting much out of it, so I'm losing my motivation. However, I get so excited when I see God working in my life. I can't get over it. Seriously my summer could have been so much different than it is right now, but He is totally guiding me, showing me the important things, allowing me to see how my plans aren't always His plans, but His are so so so much better than mine. It's an amazing feeling to know that, although sometimes I feel alone in trying to figure out things, that I'm not actually alone. God cares for me, has a plan for me and daily He impresses his presence on me. Ah, I get so excited when I talk about this. It is so comforting to know that I'm not the only one fighting for me.

This weekend one of my roommates is in town, so we're going to hang out. Possibly I'll get a phone upgrade from Sprint, if they want to work a deal with me. That's about all the plans I have for the weekend. I love lazy days, I especially when they are well deserved. Rest is so beneficial.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment