Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh My.

So first thing is first, 12 credit hours was probably the best decision ever.

I have so many thoughts in my mind right now that it's almost really hard to write them all out. So I guess I'll just kind of write it like a list.

1. Prince of Peace. One of my great friends, Kristin, brought this name to me. It is such a common name that we call our Lord, however, I don't think I have ever, and I mean ever, applied it to my life. Yesterday we were sitting in one of our Fav Manhattan spots and I shared with her how relaxed I was after the leaders retreat and how I now feel in no rush to push through the semester. My heart and mind are not in a chaotic panic, but right now I'm in so much peace.

2. The New Testament. I'm so excited to start reading the New Testament on Thursday. Mostly because reading through the last couple books of the Old Testament has made me so thankful that Jesus left Heaven to come for me and every one else. The love and compassion that must took astounds me. I have never experienced Heaven (of course), but I hope one day to walk through the gates and be in awe. It kills me to think of ever leaving, and Jesus did that for us.

3. Giving up. So I've been giving up certain things since school started. First I removed all of the games off of my cell phone. Next, I decided to stop playing Words with Friends. Right now, I really want to get rid of my smart phone and just have a phone that is just a phone and nothing extra. I'm also trying to figure out how to limit my FB use. I wouldn't say I use it too much, but I guess I could say how much I use it is probably too much. I want to only have an hour or two block in my day in which I allow myself to look at FB, if I'm out doing things in that hour, then I'm not allowed to use it until the next day. I guess I just want a little simplicity in my life. A little less connection to every stinking person I've ever known. I guess I want to develop relationships with people who I don't have to contact on FB, but through living true life together. At the Ichthus Leader's Retreat we discussed how churches should be full of what is necessary and ridded of whatever is unnecessary.

4. Prayer List. I just now decided that the best way to make sure I'm having a full prayer life is to make a list and actually stick to it. I'm going to write that list here. It seems private to me, so I'm a little scared to do it, but I feel like it's necessary.
- All the Beccas I know. I know quite a few of them and quite a few of them are constantly on my heart and my mind
-Ichthus growing and doing God's will for it
- Rev7:9 reaching international and multi-cultural students in God's Love
-My future- PA School/ New Zealand/ Timeline for jobs/ GRE
-Brian- to value the truth and see his self-worth
-Dad- Emotional and mental healing, opening up to those around him, getting rid of his facade, seeing his self worth and accepting him self
-Mom- physical healing of her knee
- School- achieving good grades with good focus and perseverance
- Time- being intentional and useful with my time
-The girls I work with
-Me- God would reveal my sin to me so that I could live a more purified life.




This photo that I found on flikr is my desktop background and it just reminds me how small I am and how grand He is.

2 comments:

  1. oh my, great post. brooke, i sat next to kristen at a soccer game tonight, and we were discussing how much we wished you had a twitter. based on point #3, that's probably not gonna happen.. but twitter is very simplistic, max of 160 characters! just think about it. anyway, good post, i always enjoy reading your blog.

    brian

    ps - please ignore the fact that i'm posting this at 1:55am.. i can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian!
    I'll consider a twitter, but I'm probably not getting one. I've checked, the username I want is taken.

    p.s. the brian in my prayer list is my brother.

    ReplyDelete