Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer is half way over!

I've been really bad about writing this summer.

My job at the orthopaedics clinic is going well. There are days I like it, there are days I don't mind it, there are days when I wish I had an easier job. I love most of the people I work with, but, as with any work place, there are a few people who I wouldn't miss if they weren't working there.

Training was very difficult for me. I trained for over 6 weeks, side-by-side with another CNA and by the end of the 3rd week I didn't want her help any longer and I didn't want her telling me what to do any longer. I was definitely sick of her. I kind of remember a turning point where we got pretty busy and we had to be in separate rooms pretty much all day and from that day forward I knew I could do it on my own.

It does suck that every day I mess up something, or I have someone tell me I did something wrong or like today when a doctor stops me in the hallway and tells me not to use the word bicep with shoulder pain... in front of all my fellow CNAs. I keep reminding myself that I will eventually get it all together, but it would be nicer if that happened sooner.

This summer I've been spending lots of time with my sweet Korean friend, Soo. We read the bible together, we eat ice cream together, we go to bbq's together...pretty much all of my favorite things to do. She's so great and I'm so excited to have met her and I'm pretty sad that she's going back to Korea in December.

Oh Yes. December. I'm graduating!! It's really weird to think that in 5 short months my undergraduate degree will be complete and now I just wait to hear back from PA schools. It's definitely going to be pretty weird hanging around Manhattan for the spring semester and not going to school, but the break will be welcomed.

I have much more to say and lots of pictures of projects to share, but I wake up really early in the morning for this job of mine so it's almost 10:30 which means I'm quite tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment