Thursday, October 31, 2013

Emotions

Well, here I am again. Unfulfilling my commitment to blog.
However, I'm kind of emotional right now and and I have lots of feelings that need to be told.

1. I am moving. Far far far from home. I am scared. I fear my feelings of homesickness and the feeling of being alone. I have the best community here in Manhattan and my heart is breaking to leave them. I am trying to enjoy every second of my time here. Here at work, here at home with my parents and precious pup, here at Ichthus with my extremely loving body of Christ.

2. This week we had a work meeting and we were reminded of the death of an extremely loved doctor, that we all dealt with 2 months ago. My heart is still broken over this. I know we all miss him every day and for this to be vocalized confirmed this. It also reminded me of inexpressible pain that I felt the day following his death. I'm reminded in Revelations that when Jesus returns he will wipe away my tears and there will no longer be death or mourning. How freeing for my soul to know that there will be a day when my Lord and Savior will overcome all that is wrong in this world and Good will win.

3. Met with a sweet friend yesterday who has had a myriad of terrible things happen to her. My heart was so broken over this. I know the Lord will redeem this and He will make it good, but life is so hard. I pray for hope, faith, courage, relief. I pray that the she will find Him as a safe harbor for these scary struggles that she is feeling.

Unfortunately I have not had time to really reflect on these things until tonight at Ichthus. My heart broke and there were tears. Sweet, sweet friends offered kind prayers and wisdom for me. I'm so thankful for this community who keeps loving me. What a joy. The Lord continually reminds me to have faith, to have hope and trust in Him that He will defeat this.

Tomorrow I turn 24. I'm a little sad, a little happy. I can't wait to see where PA school takes me this year. I pray for boldness in this year. I pray to find security only in the Lord. I could not imagine what 23 would look like when I was 22, and I certainly have no idea what 24 will look like. I'm excited for more adventures. I'm excited to love more and to share the joy and kindness that the Lord has given me.

That's it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment